Follow Me

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'll See Your Uneducated Wife, And Raise You My Four-Year-Old

I was looking through some old cell phone videos, and found one that I took of Lennon, asking her the mph question.  In December of 2011, Travis Chambers uploaded a video of him asking his wife Chelsea a fairly simple math question.  She failed miserably.  The video went on to receive nearly 10 million views.



In April of 2013, a month before my daughter's fifth birthday, I asked her a similar question.  And, the little booger got it right.



In all fairness, I realized later that I asked her a different question than the one in the original video.  I asked, "If the car is going 65 mph, how far will the car go in one hour?"  He asked, "If you are traveling 80 mph, how long does it take you to go 80 miles?"

When I asked the question today with the same wording that Chambers used in his video, Lennon said, "Two minutes."  So, technically speaking, my daughter isn't smarter than some lady on the internet.  When it comes to this particular subject, at least.  But, she's four.  FOUR.

I say we give her another six months.

1 comment: